If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong--Murphy's Law
1. Bibliography? Well, this is a dead project. There is not a whole lot of contemporary fiction and poetry being generated in Vietnam that has been able to clear censors. I did not expect to see such censorship levels, but when I asked about the parameters for clearing the censors, no one was able to clearly tell me what could ban a book. I will have to go through Amazon and Borders to locate texts.
2. Comparison/Contrast Powerpoints. I've compiled enough photographic material to show some comparison/contrast images of Vietnam War era images and contemporary images.
3. New. I'm going to develop a module surrounding George Orwell, and perhaps Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451.
1. Verify the service learning link with AFESIP and Somaly Mam Foundation. Unable to visit the sites, so I am unable to verify what exactly AFESIP does in Cambodia. Will develop a service learning module, but only using local NGOs like CAST in Los Angeles.
2. Khmer Rouge. Visited both sites of the Genocide, and I think I will develop a module surrounding the issues of genocide and mass killings. Perhaps I will base it upon Hotel Rwanda, Sudan, Bosnia, among other things. Powerpoint on Khmer Rouge will be developed.
3. Bibliography might be compiled, as I have some resources.
Projects have to be completely revised using local materials available in the USA. Powerpoints will be easy to compile. Bibliography projects have to be massively changed.